an open source note taking and to-do application with synchronisation capabilities
This one’s worth bookmarking because it’s open source, multi-platform including mobile, extensible, and can be synchronized via multiple services.
Still haven’t decided if it’s my one true note-taking resource, or if there ever will be such a thing. I wish there was setting synchronization too, but maybe there’s a plugin for that.
- nodes can be notes or tasks, and you can toggle between them
- note format is slightly tweaked variant of Github-Flavored Markdown
- default split pane approach w/editor on one side, working preview on the other
- has a rich editor, but that’s not my style so I couldn’t tell you how well it works
- drag and drop to create subnotebooks
- note links are via UUID-style hashes, so they’ll persist when you move a linked note
Check the master list of plugins. Check the forum for discussions and announcements.
Here’s what I’m using so far: