YAPC::NA, the Yet Another Perl Conference for North America, just happened. I didn’t go. Since I didn’t go, I want to compile everything I can find about the conference in one place. Videos, slides, blog posts, whatever.
I am ready to add, edit, or remove items as needed. Make your suggestions or comments in the comments section.
There’s also an Eventifier compilation of YAPC::NA, which includes most of this and a lot of photos as well.
Got links to “Perl - The Detroit of Scripting Languages” and “Be Kind To Your Wrists (you’ll miss them when they’re gone)” from Zakariyya Mughal.
More links from Zakariyya Mughal, and a post-YAPC::NA love letter to the Perl community from Brent Laabs, found on Twitter.
Added Eventifier link
Nick Patch sent some wrap-up blog posts. Yay!
Buddy Burden’s blog post, from raiph mellor
LiveStream archive links from the YAPC::NA Talk Videos page. Those archives will eventually be replaced by YouTube links, according to the site. So this is just to hold us over until then.
- Mark Keating: Mark of Christmas Past
- Larry Wall: Stranger Than Fact
- YAPC Lightning Talks Day 1
- Tim Bunce: “Profiling Memory Usage”
- TCC 1.110 1 of 2
- TCC 1.110 2 of 2
- 2.102 Day 1
- 2.102 Day 3
From a #yapcna search on Twitter and scrubbing around on the YAPC::NA site.
- Yichung Zhang: sregex: matching Perl 5 regexes on data streams - lightning talk
- Matthew Wilson (diakopter): MoarVM - that’s a new Perl 6 virtual machine, for those of you taking notes.
- Joe McMahon: How to Make Your Users Not Want to Murder You, or Software Engineering for the Lazy
- Heath Bair: How to run a Perl Workshop or Conference
- Nick Patch: Unicode Best Practices
- Stevan Little: Moe Status Update
- Stevan Little: Perl - The Detroit of Scripting Languages
- Patrick Michaud: Perl 6 on the JVM
- Daniel Sterling: Packaging Perl RPMs
- Ingy döt Net: Acmeism - Hacking in all Languages at once
- John Lightsey: Auditing Open Source Perl Code for Security
- Buddy Burden: Method::Signatures: A How-To
- Yichun Zhang: Flame Graphs for Online Performance Profiling
- Mark Allen: perl, DTrace, and you
- Reini Urban: Design Decisions on p2
- Denise Paolucci: Be Kind To Your Wrists (you’ll miss them when they’re gone)
- Dave Rolsky: A Date with Perl
- Patrick Michaud: Parallelism in Perl 6
- Jonathon Rockway: Introduction to Dart
- Brock Wilcox: Introduction to AngularJS
- Faelin Landy: Perl in Plain English module (PiPE) lightning talk
- Casey West: How to be a Web UI Developer
- R Geoffrey Avery: Dancer: Getting to ‘Hello World’
- Andrew Rodland: StatsD and You — Easy Application Metrics
- Greg Lindahl: Building a Web-Scale Search Engine in Perl - contains slides and further resources
- Mateu Hunter: Jumpstart elasticsearch
- Nathan Gray: Unit-test CGIs with mod_perl2 via Plack
- Yusuke Wada on Inside Bokete: Web Application with Mojolicious and others.
- Joe Axford: Notes from a Newbie
- Curtis Poe (Ovid): A Test::Class Anti-Pattern, a post-talk blog post which includes slides from his Test::Class::Moose talk.
- Brent Laabs offers a blog post on what it was like for somebody who actually attended YAPC::NA at Thanking the Perl Community for an Awesome YAPC
- tokuhirom’s blog - Future Perl - YAPC::NA 2013 wrapup(Japanese) (if somebody has a preferred linkable translation to English, I’ll add it here.)
- Whipped Cream Difficulties - Random notes on YAPC 2013., No Sleep Till Sunday.
- Buddy Burden’s YAPC Reflections (2013) on being a speaker at YAPC, thoughts on different visions of Perl’s future, and having his bare feet defeated (see what I did there?) by Austin’s blacktop.