Site

Posts where something interesting happened with the site itself.

Patronize Me on Liberapay

Patronize Me on Liberapay

Been skimming through ethical.net resources recently. Liberapay looks interesting: a patronage system like Patreon, but without reward tiers. More of a “keep doing — whatever the hell it is that you’re doing — it’s great” approach. So I joined of course. Give me money and I’ll keep doing exactly what I’ve been doing. Such a deal!

h-entry Microformat for Indieweb Posts

h-entry Microformat for Indieweb Posts

In which I go overboard with Hugo and Python for a quick Sunday task

Read on…

Indieweb h-cards

Indieweb h-cards

Using microformats to build a profile page

Read on…

Yay I Added Mentions and Replies

Yay I Added Mentions and Replies

Not real time, of course. It updates when I build the site. The layout needs touching up. But all the details are there.

I used Max Böck’s Webmentions post as a starting point.

And yes, I’m far enough along with the Indieweb stuff that my study notes would make a decent blog post. Maybe a couple.

Listing Hugo Content Extensions With Raku

Listing Hugo Content Extensions With Raku

Twenty seconds to write a one-liner, and two days to think about it

Read on…

Every Post Has a UUID

Gave them all a Universally Unique Identifer, per RFC 4122.

Should simplify rearranging the site sources. Helpful hint: don’t rely on filenames as unique content identifiers for your workflow. Oh sure they work fine 80% of the time, but that last 20% is a doozy.

I used Python’s uuid library. There’s also the uuidgen command if I switch away from a Python workflow.

Passing Tests Is Now Required to Push

Passing Tests Is Now Required to Push

Push the site, that is.

Building on work from the other day. Course, I don’t know what test coverage is. I know it ain’t 100% of what I want to check.

Today in Personal Accomplishments

Today in Personal Accomplishments

Been doing quality assurance on my site. Need to know what I got before any more big changes. Yes, 7.3 seconds is slow for Hugo. It’s all the RST. No plan to change that.

That Is Just Embarrassing

That Is Just Embarrassing

Got an Invoke test task for the site. Because of that, I found a post about Jekyll collections that got truncated — before the current repo existed.

Fixed it though. Got the missing content from an old copy. Yay for Internet Archive!

Sort of Tufte CSS

Sort of Tufte CSS

I tried something new with my site style.

Read on…