This one’s worth bookmarking because it’s open source, multi-platform including mobile, extensible, and can be synchronized via multiple services.
Still haven’t decided if it’s my one true note-taking resource, or if there ever will be such a thing. I wish there was setting synchronization too, but maybe there’s a plugin for that.
- nodes can be notes or tasks, and you can toggle between them
- note format is slightly tweaked variant of Github-Flavored Markdown
- default split pane approach w/editor on one side, working preview on the other
- has a rich editor, but that’s not my style so I couldn’t tell you how well it works
- drag and drop to create subnotebooks
- note links are via UUID-style hashes, so they’ll persist when you move a linked note
Here’s what I’m using so far:
- Templates: daily journaling using a template and Create note from template
- inline tags: autocomplete existing tag links with
- quick links: autocomplete note links with
- automatic backlinks: inserts list of links to notes that reference the current note
- convert text to new note: select, right click, bang. new note