I fixed it!

Alias Templates in Hugo

Alias Templates in Hugo

I killed some redirects for accessibility and likes

Read on…

Debugging My Site With a Little Help From My Friends

Debugging My Site With a Little Help From My Friends

It’s probably redundant to test HTML structure for my pages, but what the heck.
Me, a couple months ago
There’s no rule, but obviously every webmention to my site will have full author info including photo.
Me, a few weeks ago
Look honey I added Webmentions to my Datasette dashboard!
Me, this morning
Sweet, jmac liked my mention! Wait why are tests failing? Maybe check the dashboard?
Me, an hour ago
I fixed it!
Me, a few minutes ago

The fix is reasonable defaults for response author info. I got other fixes in mind, including a default “card” for anonymous response authors. Also, inferring author info from source site. Thanks for the help and the ideas, jmac!

Sorry if I Broke Your Rss Feed

Sorry if I Broke Your Rss Feed

But hey I got my permalinks where I wanted them, without needing a UUID after all. Took a bit of juggling to get the Hugo aliases and my support data synced up. You folks got the Jamstack — JavaScript, APIs, Markup — for your static sites. I got — uh, guess I got the “Damstack” — Database, APIs, Markup — for my static site.

Blame fREW. For the idea. Not the terrible name. That’s all me, friends.

That Is Just Embarrassing

That Is Just Embarrassing

Got an Invoke test task for the site. Because of that, I found a post about Jekyll collections that got truncated — before the current repo existed.

Fixed it though. Got the missing content from an old copy. Yay for Internet Archive!

Wait No Hold On

Wait No Hold On

There was a bug in the “announce” part of my “publish/announce” flow. Let me try that again.

make publish

The Notes list pages are paginated now, at least until I come up with a better approach. Plus I think the site has an automatic publish/announce flow now, after a few weeks of futzing around in my free time.

Let’s find out.