Follow the blog, and maybe follow me personally if you like.
- The Main Feed
- The Main Feed includes everything on the site.
- The Post Feed
- The Post Feed focuses on the written content: notes on tools, programming, and marginalia (random whatever).
- The Craft Feed
- The Craft Feed includes visual stuff, like drawing, knitting, and crochet projects.
- Follow Random Geekery Blog if Twitter is your news feed. Roughly equivalent to the Main Feed.
My personal social media accounts tend towards chaos. Sometimes I flood them with activity. Sometimes I ignore them for weeks or months. I’m out there, though. Here are the accounts I pay more attention to, from most to least frequently checked.
- The usual: let friends and family know I’m still alive. Stuff like that.
- Let friends and strangers know that I’m alive and want coffee.
- Pictures! Mostly pretty plants and knitting or drawing projects in progress.
- Often fiddling with one unusual social network or another. Lately it’s been Mastodon. Usage is about like Twitter.
- Some people only care about your code. Warning: fairly unreliable as an indicator of the code I’m working on.
- Been trying to use this rather than letting Twitter be my bookmark manager, because Twitter is an awful bookmark manager.
- Been experimenting with using LinkedIn for sharing tech-related posts. Some of my old G+ friends started doing that recently.
- Mostly to occasionally visit and be sad about what could have been, and check in with the folks that haven’t moved on yet. I never did get over the loss of APIs when they switched from Buzz to Plus, or over the loss of goodwill when they hassled people over the names policy.