It’s not the best hat I’ve made. It wasn’t even the best hat I’d made when I made it.
This was a straightforward project, except they kind of abandon you at the end when they tell you to thread the tail yarn through what will be the top of the hat. I ended up getting things a little lumpy before I realized that the hat needed me to just run the yarn straight through that edge. I’m not 100% certain that I would make another one of these. Oh, and I had to make some slight adjustments because my wife and I have huge melon-heads. A mere 21” large was not going to fit us.
Still, it’s a good first project for the book and a heck of a lot more interesting than a scarf.
Update: I don’t know if it was the pattern or the yarn, but this hat lost what little shape it had in a couple months. Probably the yarn, but it’s still disheartening. Don’t think I’d make this again.