I decided to install the Sun JDK on my new Fedora install today. Tried downloading the JDK/NetBeans self-installing bundle. It didn’t work. I got an error in xcb_xlib:xcb_xlib_unlock - something about a failed assertion. While running the installer. Drat.
Installation required skipping the Netbeans IDE and just using the self-extracting JDK archive. Then, in order to get Swing to work, I had to remove Xinerama references from any copy of libmawt.so that was in my Java install. There’s a sed script floating out there, but that wasn’t working for me. Before I spent effort figuring out sed, I edited the files from vim.
[brian@localhost ~]$ sudo vim /opt/jdk1.6.0_03/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so [brian@localhost ~]$ sudo vim /opt/jdk1.6.0_03/jre/lib/i386/motif21/libmawt.so [brian@localhost ~]$ sudo vim /opt/jdk1.6.0_03/jre/lib/i386/headless/libmawt.so [brian@localhost ~]$
In each case I executed a simple regex
It’s the same as the sed script. I was too lazy to fix a short script that I will probably only use once.
Java’s happy now, so I’m going to go do a little coding.