YAPC::NA, the Yet Another Perl Conference for North America, just happened. I didn’t go. Since I didn’t go, I want to compile everything I can find about the conference in one place. Videos, slides, blog posts, whatever.
I am ready to add, edit, or remove items as needed. Make your suggestions or comments in the comments section.
There’s also an Eventifier compilation of YAPC::NA, which includes most of this and a lot of photos as well.
Here’s the YouTube playlist of YAPC::NA 2013 Talk Videos.
From a #yapcna search on Twitter and scrubbing around on the YAPC::NA site.
- Yichung Zhang
- sregex: matching Perl 5 regexes on data streams - lightning talk
- Joe McMahon
- How to Make Your Users Not Want to Murder You, or Software Engineering for the Lazy
- Heath Bair
- How to run a Perl Workshop or Conference
- Nick Patch
- Unicode Best Practices
- Stevan Little
- Moe Status Update + Perl - The Detroit of Scripting Languages
- Patrick Michaud
- Perl 6 on the JVM
- Daniel Sterling
- Packaging Perl RPMs
- Ingy döt Net
- Acmeism - Hacking in all Languages at once
- John Lightsey
- Auditing Open Source Perl Code for Security
- Buddy Burden
- Method::Signatures: A How-To
- Yichun Zhang
- Flame Graphs for Online Performance Profiling
- Mark Allen
- perl, DTrace, and you
- Reini Urban
- Design Decisions on p2
- Denise Paolucci
- Be Kind To Your Wrists (you’ll miss them when they’re gone)
- Dave Rolsky
- A Date with Perl
- Patrick Michaud
- Parallelism in Perl 6
- Jonathon Rockway
- Introduction to Dart
- Brock Wilcox
- Introduction to AngularJS
- Casey West
- How to be a Web UI Developer
- R Geoffrey Avery
- Dancer: Getting to ‘Hello World’
- Andrew Rodland
- StatsD and You — Easy Application Metrics
- Greg Lindahl
- Building a Web-Scale Search Engine in Perl - contains slides and further resources
- Nathan Gray
- Unit-test CGIs with mod_perl2 via Plack
- Yusuke Wada
- Inside Bokete: Web Application with Mojolicious and others.
- Joe Axford
- Notes from a Newbie
Curtis Poe (Ovid): A Test::Class Anti-Pattern, a post-talk blog post which includes slides from his Test::Class::Moose talk.
Brent Laabs offers a blog post on what it was like for somebody who actually attended YAPC::NA at Thanking the Perl Community for an Awesome YAPC
tokuhirom’s blog - Future Perl - YAPC::NA 2013 wrapup in Japanese 
Buddy Burden’s YAPC Reflections (2013) on being a speaker at YAPC, thoughts on different visions of Perl’s future, and having his bare feet defeated (see what I did there?) by Austin’s blacktop.